Welcome to Carmel News Release page
Gallery Walk in the Carmel Arts & Design District
Saturday, October 14
Carmel Arts & Design District
111 West Main Street
Carmel, Indiana 46032
October 11, 2017
Contact: Nancy Heck (317) 571-2474
IU Health North Hospital Gallery Walk in the
Carmel Arts & Design District this Saturday, October 14th
CARMEL, IN – Master Carver Lee Saberson returns to the IU Health North Hospital Second Saturday Gallery Walk on October 14th. Watch Lee carve up pumpkins into some of your favorite characters near Old Town on the Monon’s leasing office.
The IU Health North Hospital Gallery Walk is the event to seek out original and exciting exhibits at District galleries. Make plans to dine at any one of the District restaurants and discover all of the exceptional offerings the District has. The Second Saturday Gallery Walk is on Saturday, October 14th from 5-9 p.m.
Additional featured artists and exhibits during the October Gallery Walk include:
· Art on Main Gallery & Gifts features Anastasiya Combs, Kim Greene and Carol Wagner during October. Short Stories by Anastasiya Combs features paintings that have different styles and subjects but each has a short story and emotional journey that she will be sharing with others.
Kim Greene is another featured artist and her theme is Fresh for Fall and will feature oil paintings of chrysanthemums and other flowers and subjects largely in fall tones of greens and golds. Carol Wagner’s collection of Impressionist style oil paintings is called Simple Things and will show the beauty in flowers and other "simple" objects.
· This month at the Carmel Arts Council, the Prairie Trace Elementary Art students present An Artist’s Voice; Collaborative Voices on Visual Display. This art exhibit is focused on expressing the passions of the young artists at Prairie Trace. Students at Prairie Trace were challenged by their Art teacher, Mrs. Carnahan, to take the time to think about “things” that they deeply care about; “things” such as what they hope for in the future, “things” they are passionate about pursuing and “things” that stirred their heart and emotions. The CAC’s Community Art exhibit will feature a collection of elementary student art created by art students from Kawachinagano, Japan.
· Simple Pleasures by Carol Bell of CCA Gallery & Gifts is October’s featured exhibit. Her works from Blue Moon Pottery include ceramic tea mugs, coffee mugs, candy jars and vases of various sizes.
· Jilly Jack Designs will be having a huge studio sale during the Gallery Walk. Find wonderful paper goods that inspire you to stay in touch, entertain and live beautifully.
· Soori Gallery features paintings, bronze and acrylic sculptured works by leading American and international artists. Featured sculptors include Michael Wilkinson, Frederick Hart, Jerry Joslin and more.
· New work by three distinctly dynamic artists, Justin Vining, Benny Sanders and Kyle Ragsdale will be rolling out studio work, many plein air pieces and exciting collaborations will be featured at Hoosier Salon.
Additional activities taking place during the October Gallery Walk include:
· Pumpkin Carving by Lee Saberson near Old Town on the Monon Leasing Office
· Free caricatures and face painting by Custom Eyes Design (by All Things Carmel, 110 W Main St. #104)
· Entertainment by Jon Haslam, Dianna Davis and Emma Hedrick & the Main Street Jazz Band will take place throughout the District.
Be a part of the Scavenger Hunt that will lead you to find select pieces of art or items of interest in each of the participating galleries and businesses. Begin the hunt inside California Closets (1 S Range Line Rd.). Your completed Scavenger Hunt clue sheet will enter you for a chance to win one of several great prizes during the Gallery Walk, including:
o Candy Boutique from Main Street Treats ($25 value)
o $25 gift card for The Pint Room
o High Tea for 2 from Tina’s Traditional Tea Room ($60 value)
o CARMEL photo letters display from CCA Gallery & Gifts ($45 value)
o Watercolor Painting by Anna Afshar of Art on Main Gallery & Gifts ($145 value)
o $25 Canine Cloud Nine Gift Card & Photo Frame
Follow the clues through the District and then turn in your completed clue sheet to receive a Gallery Walk Punch Card, new to 2017. Those who complete all three Scavenger Hunts in a quarter will be eligible for one of five prizes valued at about $150. In addition, at the end of the year, large prizes will be awarded to those who participated in all 12 months.
A map of the gallery locations and more information about the IU Health North Hospital Gallery Walk activities can be found at www.CarmelArtsAndDesign.com.
Public parking is available in the Carmel Lions Club lot (141 E. Main St.), Sophia Square parking garage (entrance off of 1st Ave NW), Indiana Design Center parking garage (200 S. Range Line Rd.) or available on-street public parking. The Arts & Design District parking map may be downloaded athttp://www.carmelartsanddesign.com/images/Carmel_District_ParkingMap.pdf.
The Carmel Arts & Design District is the Midwest’s premier arts and design destination. Home to more than 200 businesses, including art galleries, restaurants, antique dealers, design showrooms, boutiques, and creative service providers, the Carmel Arts & Design District promises to stimulate the senses. The Indiana Design Center is housed in the Carmel Arts & Design District. In addition, hundreds have taken advantage of the wide variety of housing opportunities and call the Carmel Arts & Design District home.
Stay on top of the news, follow the City of Carmel us on Social Media.
Follow us on