City of Carmel
One Civic Square, Carmel, IN 46032
Date: May 21, 2018
Contact: Nancy Heck (317) 571-2474
Rooftop Solar Workshops
Learn the basics of new technology for solar energy
CARMEL, IN – The City of Carmel is partnering with Carmel Green Initiative and other Hamilton County communities to co-host the Solarize Hamilton County 2018 Campaign. The goal of this community education program is to increase understanding of solar investments, simplify the solar installation process, enable access to program discounts and advance as many solar installations as possible.
Attendees will learn the basics about this new technology, how net metering affects return on investment and how to select a solar installer. All workshops are free and open to everyone. You do not have to be a resident of the community where the workshop is being held to attend.
• Tuesday, May 22nd, 6:30 p.m. Carmel City Hall, 1 Civic Square, Carmel
• Thursday, May 31st, 6:30 p.m. Fishers Public Library, Five Municipal Dr. Fishers
• Tuesday, June 12th, 6:30 p.m. Westfield Public Library, 333 W. Hoover Road Westfield
• Saturday, June 23, 1 p.m. Westfield City Hall, 130 Penn St. Westfield
• Sunday June 24, 2-4 p.m. Carmel Public Library, 55 4th Ave SE Carmel
• Wednesday, July 18, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Fishers City Hall, 1Municipal Dr. Fishers
In order to provide good product quality at a good price, campaign organizers have partnered with Solarize Indiana and selected three solar installers to provide participants with immediate access to pre-qualified, price-competitive solar installation firms. In addition, the participating installers will offer a group discount during the campaign.
To maximize the economic benefit of solar investments, installations must be completed by the December 31, 2022 deadline.
A new state law passed in 2017 was designed to phase out net metering – providing a credit at the full retail rate for excess solar energy sent to the grid – in Indiana. The law requires that solar installations completed from 2018 to 2022 will qualify for full net metering rates until 2032. Net metering will no longer be available for installations completed after 2022.
Stay on top of the news, follow the City of Carmel us on Social Media.
Follow us on