Welcome to Carmel News Release page
Meet Me on Main
Meet Me on Main
City of Carmel
One Civic Square
Carmel, IN 46032
Date: February 5, 2019
Contact: Nancy Heck (317) 571-2494
Meet Me on Main returns on Saturday, February 9 with Trolley Rides
Carmel, IN – Meet Me on Main returns this Saturday, February 9th in the Carmel Arts & Design District. It will include all of your favorite components of the Second Saturday Gallery Walks including live music, face painting and caricatures, new exhibits and features in local art galleries and businesses staying open until 9 p.m.
Meet Me on Main will offer expanded options of “hands-on” art for the public offered every month. In February, The Art Lab invites you to drop in and create accordion Valentine’s Day cards from 5 – 8:30 p.m. This event is free and no sign up is required. It will be held at 110 W. Main Street, Suite 125, next to Highgarden Real Estate.
New to Meet Me on Main is a monthly drawing! Each month, three $100 gift cards to businesses in the Arts & Design District will be given away. To enter, visit participating galleries and businesses to fill out an entry form; only one can be filled out per location but the more businesses visited, the more you can increase your chances. There is no purchase necessary to participate.
Free trolley rides will take place in the District from 5 – 9 p.m. Pick up will be near Agave Bar and Grill and Bub’s Burgers and Ice Cream at Monon and Main Street. Please note that the trolley rides are on a first come, first served basis. The first 200 visitors throughout the galleries will receive a free rose.
Special gallery exhibits will be featured throughout Meet Me on Main including:
- All You Need is Love is CCA Gallery’s February feature. Artists have created their spin on the theme from vibrant pinks and reds of Linda Wesolowski’s paintings, to glass blown hearts and flowers by Lisa Pelo, to uniquely designed hearts in Sterling Silver by Heidi Mandich and Tara Hicks to bleeding hearts in a row, a beautiful photograph by Ken Keifer. Stop by and see what you fall in love with. (111 W. Main St., #135)
- Carmel Art on Main Gallery is featuring …Chocolate, Jewelry and Art! during the month of February. They will have high end chocolates by Chocolate for the Spirit by Julie Bolejack, a USA top 10 ranked chocolatier by Forbes Magazine plus new jewelry by Pam Hurst Designs. The front gallery features a student and emerging artist show which includes work by students of Randall Scott Harden and Nancy Keating along with adult Herron art student Esther McQueen. (111 W. Main St., #140)
- Grab your sweetie and head to All Things Carmel’s Sweetie Selfie Station where you can take your picture with a Valentine’s themed background. (110 W. Main St., #104)
- Evan Lurie Gallery features Indianapolis +, a group show by artists based in the Indianapolis area and curated by Susan Brewer. (30 W. Main St.)
- Hoosier Salon will be hosting the 67th Street Printmakers in February. The group is comprised of twelve printmakers from Central Indiana expressing themselves through the increasingly rarer mediums of Linoleum Cut, Lithographs, Silkscreens and Woodblock prints. (22 N. Range Line Rd.)
- In February, the Carmel Arts Council Children’s Art Gallery will feature student art from College Wood Elementary. The Community Art exhibit will feature student art from Kawachinagano, Japan. This year celebrates 25 years of Carmel’s relationship with Kawachinagano and the student art exchange. (40 W. Main St.)
- The Carmel Clay Historical Society & Monon Depot Museum present A Vintage Valentine’s on Tuesday, February 12th. Join them for an evening of Victorian crafting and romance film viewing as you create vintage inspired Valentines in the historic Monon Depot Museum. Learn a brief history of card making and how the Depot played a role in sending out these tokens of affection. All crafting materials will be supplied and light refreshments and wine will be served. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased by emailing email@example.com. (211 1st St. SW)
- Soori Gallery features paintings, bronze and acrylic sculptured works by leading American and international artists. Featured sculptors include Michael Wilkinson, Frederick Hart, Jerry Joslin and more. (33 E. Main St.)
Activities taking place during Meet Me on Main include:
- Free caricatures and face painting by Custom Eyes Designs inside Sub Zero Ice Cream (111 W. Main St., #130).
- Free musical entertainment throughout the district. Kassey King will play at The Olive Mill, Dianna Davis will perform at Hoosier Salon and Sammi Lorena will be at Evan Lurie Gallery.
- Free Make & Take Art Project with the Art Lab from 5 – 8:30 p.m. Create accordion Valentine’s Day cards at 110 W. Main Street, Suite 125, next to Highgarden Real Estate. The location is sponsored by Keystone Realty Group. No registration necessary.
A map of the gallery locations and more information about Meet Me on Main activities can be found at CarmelArtsAndDesign.com.
Public parking is available in the Carmel Lions Club lot (141 E. Main St.), Sophia Square parking garage (entrance off of 1st Ave NW), Indiana Design Center parking garage (200 S. Range Line Rd.) or on-street. The Arts & Design District parking map may be downloaded at Carmel District Parking Map.
The Carmel Arts & Design District is the Midwest’s premier arts and design destination. Home to more than 200 businesses, including art galleries, restaurants, antique dealers, design showrooms, boutiques, and creative service providers, the Carmel Arts & Design District promises to stimulate the senses. The Indiana Design Center is housed in the Carmel Arts & Design District. In addition, hundreds have taken advantage of the wide variety of housing opportunities and call the Carmel Arts & Design District home.
Stay on top of the news, follow the City of Carmel on Social Media.