Welcome to Carmel News Release page
Pumpkin Carving at Meet Me on Main
City of Carmel
Carmel Arts & Design District
Date: October 9, 2019
Contact: Nancy Heck (317) 571-2494
Pumpkin Carving Returns to Meet Me on Main
Carmel, IN – Meet Me on Main returns Saturday, October 12th in the Carmel Arts & Design District, featuring live music, face painting and caricatures, new exhibits and features in local art galleries and businesses staying open until 9 p.m.
Join professional pumpkin carver, Lee Saberson, in the Breezeway near SubZero Ice Cream from 5–8:30 p.m. for a pumpkin carving demonstration.
Once again, the Meet Me on Main monthly drawing will take place. Three $100 gift cards, redeemable at businesses in the Arts & Design District, will be given away. Stop into any participating gallery or business to fill out an entry form. Only one form per person can be filled out at each location, but the more businesses visited, the better the chance of winning. There is no purchase necessary to participate.
Special gallery exhibits will be featured throughout Meet Me on Main including:
- Indiana Artisan will be featuring “4 Artists, 3 Brushes & 1 Harp” offering art enthusiasts the opportunity to meet three Indiana Artisan painters as they create pieces inspired by live harp music. Sylvia Gray (Westfield) will paint on silk, Sara Vanderkleed (Lafayette) will create one of her acrylic abstracts, and Kathy Blankenheim (Brownsburg) will round out the trio with an energetic oil piece. Harpist Molly Jones (Bloomington) will play, inspiring creativity for the event. (22 N. Range Line Rd.)
- All Things Carmel will be featuring new items hand crafted by a local artist. They include wooden signs, wine or oil boxes and much more. (110 W Main St.)
- Classic Realist Brad Fields will be the featured artist in October at Carmel Art on Main Gallery. Over 30 original watercolors and graphite drawings will be on display. Many of which have won awards in juried shows throughout Indiana, such as the 94th Annual Hoosier Art Salon, Watercolor Society of Indiana, Indiana Artist’s Club, Open Spaces: Art About the Land, Brown County Artist’s Guild Patron Show and many others. (111 W. Main St., #140)
- CCA Gallery will feature “Flights of Fancy” with paintings from Laurie Alvear and Wood from Cindy Cwi. (111 W. Main St., #135)
- The World’s Smallest Children’s Art Gallery will be bursting with roses as the Our Lady of Mt. Carmel students were inspired after learning about Our Lady of Guadalupe. Artwork from Woodbrook Elementary will be on display. The Gallery Annex will showcase new artwork from Carmel, Clay and Creekside Middle Schools and Carmel High School. This unique art exhibit will provide insight as to why CHS students receive the wonderful art education they do. The Community Art exhibit will feature artworks from the students of Kawachinagano, Osaka, Japan- Carmel’s sister city for the last 25 years. (40 W. Main St.)
- Soori Gallery features paintings and bronze and acrylic sculptured works by leading American and international artists. (33 E. Main St.)
- The Carmel Clay Historical Society will feature their new exhibit “Rockin’ On: The Histories of Carmel High School’s WHJE and CHTV.” There will be artifacts, music, and CD’s of reel-to-reel tapes from days past. Come learn how this little high school station started in 1963 and grew to be a launching pad for nationally syndicated radio and television personalities. (211 1st St. SW)
- The Evan Lurie Gallery will be exhibiting work by New Zealand native Jarrod Tacon-Heaslip. The artist creates work which combines his knowledge of architecture with his ongoing exploration of symmetry and color. (30 W. Main St.)
Activities taking place during Meet Me on Main include:
- Free caricatures and face painting by Custom Eyes Designs outside of All Things Carmel (110 W. Main St., #104).
- Free musical entertainment throughout the district. Samantha Dietrich will play near The Olive Mill, Kassie King will perform near The Children’s Art Gallery and Dianna Davis will perform near Magdalena Gallery.
- Pumpkin Carving Demonstration will be located at the Breezeway near SubZero Ice Cream 5– 8:30 p.m.
A map of the gallery locations and more information about Meet Me on Main activities can be found at CarmelArtsAndDesign.com.
Public parking is available in the
Carmel Lions Club lot (141 E. Main St.),
Sophia Square parking garage (entrance off of 1st Ave NW),
Indiana Design Center parking garage (200 S. Range Line Rd.)
The Arts & Design District parking map may be downloaded, District Parking Map.
The Carmel Arts & Design District is the Midwest’s premier arts and design destination. Home to more than 200 businesses, including art galleries, restaurants, antique dealers, design showrooms, boutiques, and creative service providers, the Carmel Arts & Design District promises to stimulate the senses. The Indiana Design Center is housed in the Carmel Arts & Design District. In addition, hundreds have taken advantage of the wide variety of housing opportunities and call the Carmel Arts & Design District home.
Stay on top of the news, follow the City of Carmel on Social Media.