Welcome to Carmel News Release page
Temporary Service and Procedure Modifications
City of Carmel Police Department
Three Civic Square
Carmel, IN 46032
Date: March 18, 2020
Contact: Officer James Grose, (317) 571-2500
Temporary Service and Procedural Modifications Due to COVID-19 Concerns
The Carmel Police Department is committed to protecting our community. Based on recommendations by public health officials regarding what is currently known about COVID-19, we have made minor changes for the safety of the public and our personnel. Our goal is to continue to provide as many services as possible while limiting opportunities for potential exposure and reduce the spread of COVID-19.
The following changes are in effect until further notice:
- CPD officers have been provided with additional personal protective equipment (PPE).
- CPD employees are following social distancing, hygiene, and cleaning practices recommended by public health officials.
- Non-emergency calls for service and administrative tasks are being handled without in-person contact whenever possible.
- The level of civilian staff working at CPD Headquarters has been reduced by enabling employees to work remotely.
- Services provided at CPD Headquarters such as fingerprinting for job applications and permits and car seat checks have been suspended.
- Events and programs such as Citizens Police Academy, Carmel Cares: A Mental Health Awareness Forum, tours of CPD Headquarters, and ride-alongs have been canceled or suspended.
- CPD employees will not accept paper documents other than emergency documents.
Please consider the following alternatives and suggestions in response to the temporary modifications:
- Call 9-1-1 in the event of an emergency.
- Call the non-emergency telephone number of (317) 571-2580 if you would like to speak with an officer regarding a non-emergency situation. Be prepared to speak with an officer over the phone instead of in person.
- Call the administrative telephone number of (317) 571-2500 if you would like to speak with an employee regarding services provided by CPD to determine if you can be assisted remotely instead of in-person.
- If you need to provide documentation to a CPD employee, prepare to submit it digitally. If there are paper documents, please scan or take digital photographs of them.
- If you need to purchase a copy of a motor vehicle crash report please do so at BuyCrash.com.
These temporary modifications will not compromise the public’s safety. We will continue to respond to all emergencies and calls for service. CPD encourages everyone to join in our efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19 and follow recommendations from public health officials.
Follow the Carmel Police Department to get community updates instantly!