The Community Relations and Economic Development Department was established under Mayor Jim Brainard to manage and facilitate the public communications and Economic Development of the City of Carmel, Indiana. City employees work hard each day to ensure that Carmel is the best place to live, work, and raise a family. Creating a strong sense of community is a large part of the quality of life experienced each day by our residents and businesses.
Feeling a part of a community includes knowing what is going on, what events, programs and services are available and what upcoming projects are being planned or discussed. It is the responsibility of the Department to make sure that these messages get out to the community in many different ways.
PUBLICATION SHINES SPOTLIGHT ON CARMEL
A coffee table style book, Carmel ‘round about right, chronicles this city’s incredible tale of growth and development with vivid text and vibrant photography. Please click here for details.
The Community Relations and Economic Development Department's activities include:
- Economic Development
- Serving as Carmel’s liaison to the media by responding to inquiries, issuing news releases, and setting up news conferences and media events.
- "Media / News from City Hall" - Current Media Releases
- Publishing of the City’s informational materials.
- Programming Carmel’s local government access cable television station, Channel 16, on the Bright House network.
- Coordinating promotional and educational video production.
- Special event planning and execution.
- Working in cooperation with other city departments and community groups on various special projects and promotional activities.
- Carmel Community Calendar
- Carmel Neighborhood Association Network
- Carmel Small Business Network
- Carmel Sister City Kawachinagano, Japan
For a more detailed explanation of responsibilities and activities within the Community Relations and Economic Development Department please click here.