- Please be sure to state in the large blank area what kind of document is being requested or information you are requesting, and either the address, parcel number, or lot number with the corresponding subdivision.
- “Date range requested” refers to the time when the record was submitted to the City of Carmel in the past. For example: if you are looking for a building permit that would have been submitted to the City in 2005 or 2006, you could enter ‘”2005 - 2006”. This will provide Staff with an additional reference point for searching our files, but it will also limit our search to those two years. You can leave this field blank if you are unsure of what year to enter, are not interested in any time period in particular, or wish to receive all responsive records regardless of date.
- “Received by” and any field after that will be filled out by Staff and should be left blank.
- The PDF can be filled electronically, or it can be printed and filled out by hand (a scan or legible photo of it is acceptable). If you are emailing a photo from your phone, please ensure that image size does not get reduced below 800x600 pixels.
- There is no fee for a records request. Typically, we send electronic copies of documents to the requestor’s email address as written on the form. If you want to receive a printed copy of the document however, there may be a fee for printing and mailing. Please note that we are not able to produce large-format prints; we can print only on copy paper at a maximum size of 11x17 inches. We are unable to give you the original documents that we have on file, although these may be viewed in person at the DOCS office if they are available. By default, we will return the records by email. If you prefer to receive them by an alternate method, please let Staff know when sending the form back.
- Turnaround time varies. Requests for recent records can often be processed in a few days, but records dating from the 1980s and earlier usually take a week or more for Staff to locate and scan. A request for a large number of records may take even longer.
If you have any further questions Angie Johnson can be reached at 317-571-2282.