Carmel Link 2.0 is a three year concentrated infrastructure improvement program that started in 2016 and will result in: the completion of new roundabout intersections along Gray Road and 96th Street; the completion of Keystone Parkway with a new interchange at 96th Street and Keystone Parkway; storm water management and drainage improvement projects throughout the city; and the upgrade of a large section of Range Line Road and other improvements.
Visit CarmelLink.com for the latest updates regarding this program.
This is a "tentative schedule," the start/end dates are to be determined.
Tentative 2019 Construction Schedule
• Monon Boulevard Construction :Will continue through the end of 2019
• North Range Line Road Reconstruction: Asphalt and curb work mostly on the southbound lanes
• Path Projects in South West Clay
- West 96th Street final surfacing
• Cherry Creek Boulevard Expansion: Construction to complete the final phase to connect Hazel Dell Parkway to River Rd. This is expected to start in February and continue for 150 days.
• Lowes Way Connector: Phase 2 continues to North Range Line Rd. This is a county-lead project that began in 2018.
• 96th Street Corridor Projects:
- Gray Road & 96th Stree Roundabout: This should begin on or after June 1st and will be a partial closure, expected to continue for 75 days.
- Delegates Row & 96th Street Roundabout: This should begin on or after June 1st and will be a partial closure, expected to continue for 75 days.
- Keystone Interchange: Construction is expected to continue through 2019 on this project.
• Guilford Road Reconstruction is expected to last 150 with various facets:
- Road Work: Main Street to City Center on or after June 1st
- Culvert Replacement: Adjacent to Carmel Middle School
- Roundabout at Main Street: Start on or after August 1st
• 126th Street Path Project: This project will start on or after June 1stand is expected to continue for 180 days. Crews will be adding a new multi-use path to the City right-of-way connecting Keystone Parkway and Hazel Dell Parkway along the north side of the road. This is a federal aid project. There won’t be any eminent closure of the road, but there will be flagging (as needed) throughout the project.
• Duke Transmission Line: This project is expected to continue for 180 days. The Duke Transmission Line continues to be buried through the center of town. This phase will continue through Midtown and crossing Main Street. Expect rolling closure one block at a time.
• 116th Street & Range Line Road Roundabout: This will begin on or after August 1st and is expected to continue for 120 days.
- Roundabout at 116th Street: Partial Closure
- Roundabout at Medical Drive: Partial Closure
- Culvert on Range Line, south of 116th Street: Full Closure
- Road work from Carmel Drive to 116th Street: Partial Closure
• Carmel Drive & Pennsylvania Street Roundabout: Standard 2-lane roundabout that is expected to continue for 75 days.
• Veteran’s Way (Fire House Townhomes Project)
- Ditch work along Monon Trail
- Two culverts and a bridge
- Road reconstruct (between Veteran’s Garage and Fire Station)
• 136th Street Path: Multi-use path from Range Line Road to Stadium Drive—this is expected to continue for 100 days
• Main Street Path Work: East of Keystone Parkway
• Range Line Road Reconstruction continued (City Center to Elm Street): This is expected to continue for 100 days.
- Roundabout at 6th Street: Full closure
- Street reconstruction: Partial closure
• North Gray Road Path: This work is expected to continue for 75 days
Keep these projects in mind when you’re out and about in the City!
City of Carmel Department of Engineering
One Civic Square
Carmel, IN 46032
For more information on Road Construction in Indiana, visit INDOT.in.gov
For update texts to your cell phone sign up with INDOT by texting “ROADS” to 411247 on your phone.