Carmel Utilities wins Governors Award for Environmental Excellence
Pictured Left to Right: Tom Easterly, Commissioner IDEM; Mayor Jim Brainard; Sue Maki, Carmel Utilities; Governor Mike Pence; Rick Bossingham, Asst. Commissioner IDEM.
- EPA WaterSense Excellence Award 2016
- Indiana Water Environment Association Biosolids Award (2016)
- Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence-Recycling (2014)
- Groundwater Foundation’s Groundwater Guardian Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
- Carmel Chamber of Commerce Green Award-Recycling (2013)
- Indiana Water Environment Association Outstanding Laboratory Award, (2001 through 2016)
- Philo Award Professional Video Category First Place winner - Carmel Wastewater Plant, Headworks Building (2012)
- Carmel designated a Green Community by the Indiana Association of Cities and Towns (2008 & 2013)
- Hoosier Water Guardian Award “With Distinction” (2009-2015)
- Indiana Water Environment Association Outstanding Device Award-Biosolids Bagger (2010)
- Indiana Water Environment Association Residual Committee Biosolids Award –Carmel Green. (2010)
- Water Fluoridation Quality Award to Carmel Water by the Center of Disease Control (multiple years).
- Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence for Pollution Prevention for the UV wastewater disinfection. (2008)
- Wastewater Treatment Plant process named as a best practice by the National League of Cities (2008)
- American Council of Engineering Co.’s of Indiana Engineering Excellence Award (2006)
- Community Achievement Award for the Household Hazardous Waste Program from the Indiana Association of Cities and Towns.
- EPA award for outstanding wastewater treatment plant operation.
Utilities Employee Awards
Water Environment Federation Lab Analyst Award—Tara Washington (2016)
Indiana Department of Environmental Management Hurty Award
35 years of service
30 years of service
25 years of service
InAWWA Central District Service Recognition: Jaimie Foreman, 5 years.
American Water Works Association Fuller Award - Jeff Peters (2014)
American Water Works Association Reggie Baker Award - Jaimie Foreman (2013)
Indiana Water Environment Association 20 Year Award - Teresa Lewis (2012)