Carmel Household Hazardous Waste Collection Center
Carmel Household Hazardous Waste hires outside contractors to dispose of/recycle materials in an environmentally responsible manner.
Where are we?
Click here to go to a map to help you find us
Hours of Operation
- Tuesday – Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to Noon
- Closed Sunday & Monday
- Also closed on all city government holidays
HHW SITE CLOSINGS FOR 2017
Friday November 10, 2017 Veteran’s Day
Thursday, Friday, Saturday November 23,24 & 25, 2017 Thanksgiving
Saturday & Tuesday December 23 & 26, 2017 Christmas
HHW SITE CLOSINGS FOR 2018
Saturday May 26, 2018
Wednesday July 4th, 2018
Saturday September 1, 2018
Thursday/ Friday/ Saturday
November 22,23,24, 2018
The Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Site is available only to Carmel Utilities residential customers only. Businesses and non-Carmel Utilities customers are not eligible. A driver’s license or utilities bill statement will be required at the time of disposal.
Many Household Hazardous Waste materials come from cleaning and bug control. To learn about chemical alternatives please visit our Substitutions for Hazardous Household Products video page.
RX Medication and Sharps Disposal
Medical and Hazardous Waste Disposal.pdf
Items Accepted for Household Hazardous Waste Disposal:
|Home Repair & Maintenance:
| Household Care:
| Motor & Vehicle Care:
(quantities may be limited)
Plants & Yard Care:
| Mercury Products:
After June 1st, 2018 Mercury Bulbs Drop-off locations:
Batteries Plus Bulbs
Lowes Hardware stores
Items NOT Accepted
- Commercial Waste
- Medical Waste
- Radioactive Waste
- Polychlorinated Biphenyl’s (PCB’s)
- Asphault/Fiberglass Roofing Shingles
- Electronics (TVs, Computer Monitors etc.)
How to Bring Materials to our Collection Site:
- Do not mix materials
- Bring all materials in the original container if possible.
- If not in original labeled container, please label container used.
- Tighten lids on all containers.
- If containers are leaking, pack in larger containers
Disposal of Medical Items