Moving to Carmel
If you are moving to Carmel, Welcome! We look forward to having you as a member of our community.
To get to know more about your new city, these Community Links will help you become more familiar with various organizations in our community.
If you would like to volunteer in the community, visit the Carmel Can section of our website to find out what opportunities are out there. It is a great way to get involved and meet others with similar interests in your new community.
The Carmel Newcomers Club is also a great way to get acclimated to the community. They have monthly coffees and monthly luncheons. To find out more, visit their website at www.CarmelNewcomersClub.org.
Considering a Move to Carmel?
We are excited that you are considering a move to Carmel, Indiana. There are so many questions about where to live, what services are provided and the different characteristics of various neighborhoods. We hope that the follwing links and informaiton help you in your search.
- To find out more about properties in the area and realtors who may be able to assist you, visit the Metropolitan Indianapolis Board of Realtos (MIBOR) site. These realtors serve all counties in the Central Indiana area, incluidng Hamilton County, in which Carmel is located.
- To find out more about our excellent Carmel Clay Schools visit the link below.
- To order a relocation packet from the City of Carmel, contact Candy Martin
- Learn more about places of worship in Carmel
- Carmel Named "Best Cities to Move in America"
The City of Carmel has been recognized with numerous awards and high ratings for its programs and services.
- CNBC voted Indianapolis/Carmel “Best Cities to Relocate to in America"
- Carmel voted #14 best place to live by CNN Money Magazine
- Carmel Utilities received water quality awards from the Indiana Department of Health.
- City’s annual Arbor Day program won International Society of Arborculture’s highest award – the Gold Leaf Award.
- The Keystone Parkway project received an Engineering Excellence Award from the American Council of Engineering Excellence.
- The U.S. Conference of Mayors awarded the “Climate Protection Award” to Carmel for its roundabout program and other environmental initiatives.
- The League of American Bicyclists designated Carmel a Bicycle Friendly Community at the bronze level — an award presented to communities with remarkable commitments to bicycling.
- Urban Forestry awards and grants [PDF]
We continue to build strong ties locally, nationally and internationally through involvement in organizations such as the Hamilton County Alliance, IN Association of City and Towns, U.S. Conference of Mayors, National League of Cities and partnership with our sister city Kawachinagano, Japan through the International Friendship Association (KIFA).
As you get closer to your move, here are some links to sites that will help with the practical side of moving, such as getting your new driver's license, registering vehicles, figuring out your utility service providers and registering to vote.
Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) - Carmel Branch location
Carmel Area Utilities
Answers to questions about Carmel's new trash and recycling program set to begin in January 2012.
Registering to vote in Hamilton County