Carmel strives to provide a setting which sustains environmental initiatives and promotes ecological inspiration by gathering resources and solutions from city departments.
Learn about how we are "Going Green" by following the links below:
Awards and Recognitions
Carmel has been recognized for green achievements through awards and media attention.
- Carmel recognized by EPA for bring first municipality in the state to pass a climate resiliency and recovery resolution. See the News Release about the initiative here.
- The City of Carmel has been recognized as a “Green Community: by the Indiana Association of Cities and Towns. For a copy of the award winning submission, click here:
- The City of Carmel has been presented numerous awards and grants from various natural resource organizations in regards to our Urban Forestry initiatives. Presenting establishments include the National Arbor Day Foundation, International Society of Arboriculture and the Indiana Department of Natural Resources.
- The Utilities department has received a number of awards for best practices and excellence.
- A Free-Wheeling City, the September 27, 2009 article in Parade, mentions Carmel's Access Bikeways
Carmel in The News
Environmental Education Links