CarmelFest Traffic Guide
|Date:||June 30, 2021|
|Contact:|| Lt. Tim Byrne,
CarmelFest 2021 Traffic Guide
The Carmel Police Department constantly strives to provide safe and efficient traffic flow. The following guide will help you get quickly and safely in and out of CarmelFest activities on Sunday, July 4 and Monday, July 5. Please plan your visit to CarmelFest with the following information in mind.
Please be patient - Keep in mind that there will be many people trying to use the same streets at the same time. Officers will be working to get you in and out as soon as possible so you can get to your destination in a reasonable amount of time.
Watch for pedestrians - There will be thousands of people crossing the streets following the parade and fireworks. Many of them will be children. Please pay close attention.
Please follow officers’ instructions - Keep moving in the direction officers send you. The officers will be following a traffic plan designed to get visitors out of the CarmelFest venues as quickly and efficiently as possible. Please follow their directions in order to ensure traffic flows as smoothly as possible.
Parking - Parking is permitted only in city garages, parking lots, along city streets or with the permission of a property owner. Please be respectful of private and business property. You should get permission before parking on private property or in business parking lots.
Keep in mind that there will be several road closures that will affect traffic flow around CarmelFest.
- Gradle Dr. will be closed to all vehicular traffic, except emergency vehicles, between Range Line Rd and 3rd Ave. from Saturday July 3 at 8 a.m. until Tuesday July 6 at 8 a.m.
- 3rd ;Ave SW will be closed to all traffic, including pedestrians and bicycles, between Autumn Dr. and Industrial Dr. on July 5 from 9:15 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. This closure will be strictly enforced as a safety zone for fireworks preparation and launching.
Parade Traffic - Monday, July 5
The CarmelFest Parade is on Monday, July 5 as July 4 falls on Sunday this year.
- Carmel Dr., between Keystone Parkway and Range Line Rd., will have lane restrictions starting at 9 a.m. and will close to all vehicular traffic starting at approximately 10 a.m.
- Range Line Rd., between Carmel Dr. and City Center Dr., will close to all vehicular traffic starting at approximately 10:15 a.m.
- Range Line Rd., between City Center Dr., and Main St., will close to all vehicular traffic starting at approximately 10:30 a.m.
- Main St., between Range Line Rd. and Lexington Blvd., will close to all vehicular traffic starting at approximately 10:40 a.m.
After the parade, officers will hold all vehicular traffic until the streets are clear of pedestrians. Traffic will be allowed to flow only in the direction away from the parade. Streets will open in succession after the parade has safely passed.
Fireworks Traffic - Sunday July 4 & Monday, July 5
The CarmelFest fireworks shows draw thousands of spectators. This year there will be fireworks on July 4 and July 5. On July 4 they will be shot off from West Park on the west side of the city and Badger Field on the east side. On July 5 the fireworks will be shot off from 3rd Ave. SW and Industrial Dr. The fireworks show on July 5 signifies the end of CarmelFest. Most spectators will plan to leave immediately after the show. This mass departure slows the traffic flow. Officers will be diligently working to manage the traffic flow to keep it moving. Please plan ahead and choose parking according to your post-fireworks destination.
To learn more about CarmelFest please visit CarmelFest.net.