Carmel Household Hazardous Waste hires outside contractors to dispose of/recycle materials in an environmentally responsible manner.
Where are we?
901 N. Range Line Road
Carmel, IN 46032
(a map to help you find us)
Hours of Operation
- Tuesday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday, 9 a.m. - Noon
- Closed Sunday & Monday
- Also closed on all city government holidays
Holiday Closings for 2021:
New Year's Day - January 1
Memorial Day - May 29
Independence Day - July 3
Labor Day - September 4
Veteran's Day - November 11
Thanksgiving - November 25, 26, 27
Christmas - December 23, 24, 25
The Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Site is available only to Carmel Utilities residential customers only. Businesses and non-Carmel Utilities customers are not eligible. A driver’s license or utilities bill statement will be required at the time of disposal.
Many Household Hazardous Waste materials come from cleaning and bug control. To learn about chemical alternatives please visit Substitutions for Hazardous Household Products.
Items Accepted for Household Hazardous Waste Disposal:
| Home Repair & Maintenance:
| Household Care:
| Motor & Vehicle Care:
(quantities may be limited)
Plants & Yard Care:
| Mercury Products:
Mercury Bulb Drop Off Locations:
Hamilton County Household Waste
Batteries Plus Bulbs
Lowes Hardware stores
Items NOT Accepted:
- Commercial Waste
- Medical Waste
- Radioactive Waste
- Polychlorinated Biphenyl’s (PCB’s)
- Asphault/Fiberglass Roofing Shingles
- Electronics (TVs, Computer Monitors etc.)
How to Bring Materials to our Collection Site:
- Do not mix materials
- Bring all materials in the original container if possible.
- If not in original labeled container, please label container used.
- Tighten lids on all containers.
- If containers are leaking, pack in larger containers