Sophia Square Breezeway
Request for Qualifications:
The City of Carmel in partnership with the Indiana Arts Commission seeks an experienced artist to create a mural in the breezeway of Sophia Square located at W. Main Street and 2nd Ave NW (near the Pad Thai Restaurant).
The 18ft x 5ft mural will be on three to four large panels and mounted to the space above the stairs in parking garage. This work should beautify the stairwell and include bright colors.
Project Timeline and Selection Process:
This timeline represents the project as it now appears. Changes may be necessary as the project progresses.
- May 3, 2021 - June 3, 2021: Request for qualifications
- June 3, 2021: Deadline for qualification submissions Now June 11
- June 15 - June 22: Selection Committee Review
- June 23, 2021: Selection of final five candidates (artists will be emailed)
- Final five artists will be compensated $200.00 each for their final designs
- Artist’s will have from June 23, 2021 – September 1, 2021 to work on their final designs
- September 2, 2021: Final designs submitted
- September 6, 2021: Two eliminations
- October 9, 2021: Public vote with three final artists selected
- The public vote will take place during October’s Meet Me on Main event
- Artists are not required to attend
- October 13, 2021: Winner announced
- October 29, 2021 - January 28, 2022: Installation during this time frame – if there are issues with weather, artist may defer to spring date upon approval by City of Carmel and Public Arts Advisory Committee.
If you have additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.