If you are moving to Carmel, Welcome!
We look forward to having you as a member of our community.
To get to know more about your new city, visit these Community Links to become more familiar with various organizations in our community.
If you would like to volunteer in the community, visit Volunteer Carmel to find out what opportunities we have to get involved. Come and meet others with similar interests in your new community.
The Carmel Newcomers Club is also a great way to get acclimated to the community. They have monthly coffees and monthly luncheons. To find out more, visit Carmel Newcomers Club.
Considering Moving to Carmel?
We are excited that you are considering a move to Carmel, Indiana. There are so many questions about where to live, what services are provided and the characteristics of various neighborhoods. We hope that the following links and information help you in your search.
- To find out more about properties in the area and realtors who may be able to assist you, visit the Metropolitan Indianapolis Board of Realtors (MIBOR) site. These realtors serve all counties in the Central Indiana area, including Hamilton County, in which Carmel is located.
- Find out more about our Award-Winning Carmel Clay Schools
- To order a relocation packet from the City of Carmel, contact Carol Dixon
- Learn more about places of worship in Carmel
- The City of Carmel has been recognized with many awards and top ratings for its programs and services
We continue to build strong ties locally, nationally and internationally through involvement in organizations such as the Invest Hamilton County,Aim Indiana, U.S. Conference of Mayors, National League of Cities and partnership with our sister city Kawachinagano, Japan through the International Friendship Association (KIFA).
As you get closer to your move,
Here are some links to sites that will help with the practical side of moving, such as getting your new driver's license, registering vehicles, figuring out your utility service providers and registering to vote.